Mental health is fundamental to health. This is reﬂected by the deﬁnition of health in the WHO Constitution as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or inﬁrmity”. Research conducted in recent years has brought to our attention that mental health inherently affects physical health and physical health affects mental health. The two are inseparable in terms of achieving a more complete state of wellness.
PsyGlobal Services is a private organization established with the aim of bridging gaps in the Indian mental health sector through sustained interventions, advocacy and training. We aim to systematically assess the need for mental health action in the country and innovate and adapt the latest evidence based treatments for delivery in Indian settings.
We are located at Mapusa, Goa and conduct workshops and seminars around the country.
Our Mission is to reinforce, accelerate and develop comprehensive and coherent programmes for mental health action. We are committed to ensuring that treatment is grounded on the best and most current evidence informed ethical practices and is delivered efficiently and effectively. PsyGlobal is dedicated to promoting change in policy and practice to ensure mental health needs receive the highest level of priority.
- Ensuring wider accessibility to essential, evidence- informed psychotherapy, counseling & treatment.
- Support, innovation and adaptation of relevant treatment strategies & research to Indian settings.
- Increasing transparency in service delivery.
- Incorporating trans-diagnostic approaches while reducing over-reliance on medication.
- Educating the public- better informed clients will lead to improvements in service quality & delivery.
- Providing care in the community.
- Development of human resources in the mental health sector.
- Integration of mental health into health care systems across the country.
- Establishment of productive partnerships with other agencies and sectors.
- Ensuring policy commitment by Governments and official agencies.
- A commitment to ensuring that no professional will discriminate against clients on the basis of their gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
- Adherence to the governing regulations and standards pertaining to the conduct of work and the provision of information to clients in relation to their treatment.
- Specific adherence to the promotion of the rights of clients, including the right to confidentiality, with respect to the preparation, storage and communication of records and clinical information.
- Ensuring that each professional has the required level of competence to carry out a specific duty and that routine supervision and continuous education and training are provided as required.
- A demonstrated commitment to the values and goals of the organization, as evidenced by participation in quality assurance and strategies for monitoring performance and outcome on a routine basis.